You’ve seen how to get started with Terraspace and AWS. You can also check out the Docs to learn more:
- Intro: Review Terraform intro features.
- Backend Config: Configure the backend, where to store the state file:
- Terraspace Cloud: Upgrade to Terraspace Cloud for extra features like Team Management, Permissions, History, a Web Dashhoard, and CI/CD Integration.
- Deploy Multiple Stacks: Deploy all or segments of your infrastruture.
- Terrafile: Use modules from anywhere you want.
- State File Thoughts: General state file thoughts.
Watch BoltOps Learn video series:
- Terraform vs Terragrunt vs Terraspace
- Terraspace Terrafile: Using Git and Terraform Registry Modules
Dry You can keep your code DRY. Terraspace builds your Terraform project with common
config/terraformstructure that gets built each deploy. You can override the settings if needed, like for using existing backends. See: Existing Backends.
Generators Built-in generators to quickly create starter modules. Focus on code instead of boilerplate structure.
Multiple Environments Tfvars & Layering allow you to use the same code with different tfvars to create multiple environments. Terraspace conventionally loads tfvars from the
tfvarsfolder. Rich layering support allows you to build different environments like dev and prod with the same code. Examples are in Full Layering.
Deploy Multiple Stacks The ability to deploy multiple stacks with a single command. Terraspace calculates the dependency graph and deploys stacks in the right order. You can also target specific stacks and deploy subgraphs.
Terrafile Terraspace makes it easy to use Terraform modules sourced from your own git repositories, other git repositories, or the Terraform Registry. The git repos can be private or public. This is an incredibly powerful feature of Terraspace because it opens up a world of modules for you to use. Use any module from anywhere.
Testing A testing framework that allows you to create test harnesses, deploy real-resources, and have higher confidence that your code works.
Terraform Cloud and Terraform Enterprise Support TFC and TFE are both supported. Terraspace adds additional conveniences to make working with Terraform Cloud Workspaces easier.