What is Terraspace?
Terraspace is a Terraform Framework that optimizes for infrastructure-as-code happiness. It provides an organized structure, conventions over configurations, keeps your code DRY, and adds convenient tooling. Terraspace makes working with Terraform easier and more fun.
- Config Structure: A common
config/terraformstructure that gets built with the deployed module. It can be dynamically controlled to keep your code DRY. You can override the settings if needed, like for using existing backends. See: Existing Backends.
- Generators: Built-in generators to quickly create starter modules. Focus on code instead of boilerplate structure.
- Tfvars & Layering: Use the same code with different tfvars to create multiple environments. Terraspace conventionally loads tfvars from the
tfvarsfolder. Rich layering support allows you to build different environments like dev and prod with the same code. Examples are in Full Layering.
- Deploy Multiple Stacks: The ability to deploy multiple stacks with a single command. Terraspace calculates the dependency graph and deploys stacks in the right order. You can also target specific stacks and deploy subgraphs.
- Configurable CLI: Configurable CLI Hooks and CLI Args allow you to adjust the underlying terraform command.
- Testing: A testing framework that allows you to create test harnesses, deploy real-resources, and have higher confidence that your code works.
- Terraform Cloud and Terraform Enterprise Support: TFC and TFE are both supported. Terraspace adds additional conveniences to make working with Terraform Cloud Workspaces easier.