If you need to hook into the Terraspace boot process super-early on, Terraspace boot hooks are designed for that.
- They run very early in the Terraspace boot process even before plugins are loaded.
- They are useful for setting shared global values like env vars.
- Boot hooks are ruby files that get required. It’s nice and simple. There’s no interface to learn.
Terraspace will searches 2 files in the
config folder. If the files exist, they will be ran in this order.
- config/boot.rb: Always runs.
- config/boot/TS_ENV.rb: Runs based on the env. IE:
Both files are required and ran if they both exists. Since the
TS_ENV one runs second, it can be used to override previously set values.
Example: Default TS_ENV
If you prefer a different default than
ENV['TS_ENV'] ||= 'development'
This changes the default for everyone using the project, but still allows them to control the default by adding
export TS_ENV=development to their
Example: Auto-Switch AWS_PROFILE
One useful example is switching
AWS_PROFILE based on the
ENV['AWS_PROFILE'] = 'dev'
This example is for AWS, but you can can do similiar switch logic with